Friday, October 24, 2008

RED Art Project Artist: Amy Short

I found Amy Short while browsing through the Etsy Stores. I was taken by her illustrative innocence that she captures in her drawings. Her work just seemed to speak to what Life Through Art Foundation is all about...Children. I asked her is she would participate in the RED Art Project and without hesitation she responded, "YES".

Amy writes,
"I was born and raised in Central New York. My parents made sure I was always exposed to the arts, be it through museums, theatre, etc. I have fond memories as a child playing with clay in a big warehouse studio with my older brother while my mother completed her pieces. I think that it was from that point on that I was hooked."

"Since becoming a mother my art has changed even further through observing the innocence of my children, listening to their conversations, and just by laughing and playing with them. I no longer take life as seriously as I once did."


Amy Short, another artist living her Life Through Art.

1 comment:

3rdEyeMuse said...

could they get any sweater? I think my heart was stolen by the boy in the rabbit costume. :)