Monday, October 27, 2008

RED Art Project Artist: Wooded Woods

Kamila, at Wooded Woods contacted Life Through Art and offered her talent to the RED Art Project. I just got a sneak peak at the piece she is submitting to the auction and it is truely wonderful!

Kamila writes:
"Making dolls, to me, is the natural progression of being dissatisfied with just drawing. I have spent my childhood and education drawing, hearing about, earning a degree from and living art, mostly whimsical and sometimes "a-little-out-there" illustration. After realizing that I would never be happy leaving my characters on the page, and tending to enjoy the doodles and the process more then the finished polished work, I let them out.
I have been happily sculpting for a while now and love to see my techniques improve and fingers grow more nimble with every doll I give life to. I love to gather inspiration by searching out talented artists and have spent a king's ransom on fabrics, nicknacks and treasures I find, everything has a place and plan. What I plan to sculpt and what decides to come out are usually two very different things, but not for lack of trying. Things just have a way of coming out by themselves, as if they are preexisting and just choosing to come out at the very moment I pick up a lump of clay."


You can see more of Kamila's work at Wooded Woods and see how she lives her Life Through Art.

1 comment:

3rdEyeMuse said...

thank you - I can't wait to spend some time exploring all these new (to me) inspirational people.